Monday 15 April 2013

Sassy Of The Rings - The End



Following on from Part I of this saga I am pleased to say that I have finally completed the skirt which ended up boring me to death, so I stopped working on it. Hence the delay.

I won't go through all the issues I had from burning the pocket to the slicing through my buttonhole with the seam ripper. I know, I know I should have placed a pin at one end to prevent this but I really didn't have the energy to reach over to my sewing case after fighting with my buttonhole chisel. More of a revenge attack. Of course I won't be doing this again as we all know revenge is better served cold.

The photo's are brought to you courtesy of blurryanddark.com  but I really couldn't be bothered.


How do you use these buttonhole chisels? Mine is either rubbish or am not using it correctly, but believe me I tried everything and it was only going through light cotton and interfacing. You would have thought I was piercing oak.

No you are not losing your sight,  the image is really that blurry lol. Cheap camera and late night can't be a*sed photo taking can be a recipe for poor images.

Anyway this skirt is a strictly pottering around the house skirt. The waistband at the back looks like Freddy Kruger has been at it, and I don't like the fit, I feel frumpy in it. I can't even be bothered sewing on a button and repairing the seam ripper handywork.

I am not giving up on this pattern each interpretation has been littered with errors, but am not going to throw in the towel yet. I will be making more until there is one I can rejoice about. I wouldn't mind it is so easy to make but I always mess up somewhere.


On a lighter note I really enjoyed using my new 1/4"  and stitch in the ditches feet, I have been dying to use them and they were invaluable, my favourite feet by far.

Also my table is adjustable, remember in my last post I thought it wasn't and was practically frothing at the mouth.  After speaking with the seller it transpired I  needed to place the table on its back and play about with a few knobs, so that cheered me up no end. Not playing with the knobs but the fact it was adjustable.

Anyway not sure what am working on next but I will keep you posted. It won't be half as exciting as your projects but at least you can have a laugh at my expense.



Until Next Time

Sassy T

 







5 comments:

  1. It looks nice in the photos. I am sure you are being too hard on yourself. I have ruined a project with seam rippers and buttonholes too. Frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah it's rubbish. But when I make something I love I will be screaming all over my blog lol.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4/18/2013

    Hi Sassy T, just nominated you for a Liebster Award because I love your blog! Hope it sends some new visitors your way. Check out the post here http://sewamysew.com/2013/04/18/a-blog-award-me/

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. don't be hard on urself. I am a novice too and I learn from my mistakes. Everybody crawled first before the started walking. We will get there.

    ReplyDelete

Say Ya Piece . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...