Sunday 12 January 2014

SSB Retro Faves - 2013

Well hellooo and welcome to 2014. This post is all about my facebook page Sassy Sewing Bees where I champion the fabulous creations of others. Since we are beginning a new year I wanted to share with you my favourite creations posted on SSB in 2013.

Choosing favourites was so hard as every creation I post on SSB are ones that have caught my eye for one reason or another. Today will be all about my fave vintage inspired creations. Without further ado and in no particular order . . .


Supernatural 



How eye-catching is this photo shoot? A 1950's inspired dress created by Solanah of Vixen Vintage  ain't she just modelling it to a tee, I might add. Solanah also designed the cotton fabric. From a distance a 1950's novelty print, close up items depicted from the modern show Supernatural. Love the way the dress is toughened up with the boots. 


Peace Baby



I smile each time I see this image, I bet the 70's was such a laid back sunny era, I was a child then so can't recall. Using McCalls 6083 Maude intended this top to be a jumpsuit but when push came to shove the jumpsuit idea was replaced by a top. How damn cute does this gal look?  I love everything about this image the styling, the laid back demeanor and the sunny weather. Oh how I miss the sun, am beginning to think it was the 70's when I last saw it. Deets here.  MP By Maude


 Smile



Seamstress Joelle was commissioned by the model above to create a 1940's suit which included this uber cute pleated peplum jacket, made from a polyester crepe. What pleats you ask? The ones at the back I respond.  Since am only featuring one image for each creation you can see the back here, the pleats and the back detail are my favourite part of the jacket, so shimmy on over  http://goo.gl/0805OK


 Code Breaker


 

I think of WWII codebreakers in Bletchley Park when I see this, not sure why, maybe because she looks 1940's and smart, or maybe I watch too much TV, anyway who cares, this jacket is bangin. A 1940's inspired jacket created by Pimpernet with a wool/poly gaberdine fabric and snazzy leather leaf appliqué. Sketches, images and inspiration here http://wesewretro.com/2013/10/tracht-inspired-jacket/


Barbara


 

Last but not least giving it the 60's vibe is Catherine from Sewing The 60's  Although Catherine used a 70's pattern her inspiration was from fashion designer Barbara Hulanicki also founder of the 60's iconic London store Biba. Catherine used a black poly chiffon with tiny gold foil print, a close up is on her blog. She does look like a typical 60's babe, you're working it girlfriend.

I hoped you enjoyed my vintage faves for 2013. The next fave post will be five from the rest of the bunch.


Until Next Time


Sassy T

 







4 comments:

  1. Stellar selection! Both of those suits in particular are making me go weak in the knees.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just nominated you for the Liebster award! :)
    http://fromhead-2-toe.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-blog-award.html#.UvZSF2KSyq8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some seriously beautiful creations! I have to admit I am fascinated by that pie though....

    ReplyDelete

Say Ya Piece . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...